Linksys Wireless Range Extender Set up Guide
Are you seeking help to remove dead zone or no signal zones at your home or workplace? Though you are using latest and world-class Linksys router for your wireless connectivity but when you are sitting in the remote corner of your house, you are not getting any WiFi signal. There are many reasons of improper Wi-Fi signals. Some are concrete or metal wall, position of your router or usage of wireless bandwidth.
As WiFi signals are nothing but radio waves which use get refracted from any wall or roof which tends to weak WiFi signal. Sometime placing your router at right place can resolve the issue of dead zones but many times this solution will not work. To resolve this issue you need a Linksys range extender.
As we know Linksys is one of the leading brands in manufacturing high-tech Wireless range extenders. Some extenders are Linksys RE6500HG AC1200, Linksys RE3000W, N300, Linksys RE6500, Linksys extender RE6300 and Linksys RE6400. These are the series of Linksys wireless range extenders. These WiFi range extenders can enhance the existing wireless signal generated from your Linksys Router. You can understand the features and working of these devices with following steps-
How does Linksys WiFi Range Extender Works?
All the Linksys range extenders work with moreover same technology, these wireless range extenders boosts the existing Linksys Router signal to cover the all dead zones. As these devices repeat the enhance wireless signal that is why they are also called “Linksys WiFi Range Repeaters”. Range extenders are designed to work as replicator or bridge which can replicate the weak wifi signal in amplified and boosted signal.
Linksys Range Extender Configuration
In mostly extenders you will get LED on the front which gives you the information about POWER and Wi-Fi Set up. If the Led blinks with white colour is means Power is on and it can also mean up gradation of firmware or rest on factory setting. Solid white colour means you can use your device. If there is any problem with network setup it will blink with some different colour.
You will see WiFi protected switch in some version like Linksys RE6500, it also contains Ethernet Port with which you connect your entire wireless network. This Ethernet Port can also be used to send or receive data.
How to install the Linksys Range Extender
It is important to understand the installation of your Linksys range extender before setup. You need to follow below give steps-
- Firstly connect the antennas of your range extender and given power cable. Keep your antenna in upright position for getting best signal strength.
- Now find out the midway where you can put your range extender. it should have to be in between your router and the dead zone. This set up will enhance the existing wireless signal.
- Once you are done with placement then check the light LED of your range extender then connect your computer to see the Linksys Extender Setup.
- If find that setup doesn’t start automatically then open a web browser and type http://192.168.1.1.
Linksys Wireless Range Extender Setup by WiFi protected Set Up
You can also Wireless protected setup which actually makes it easier to connect your extender to your wifi network and with this you can also connect other devices as well. Open the Wireless setup page and click on WiFi protected setup button.
- Now press the click button and wait for the pop-up
- You can either press and hold Wi-fi protected set up button on your Linksys router
- Once the connectivity happens the LED of your Linksys extender will become solid
If you have a dual band router then you need to do WPS twice to connect with both bands
Connecting with the range extender’s PIN
All the Linksys Range extenders can be connecting with Setup PIN which can be found on the product label of your Linksys range extender. This method is only workable for only if your Linksys router consist the Wi-Fi Protected Setup Menu. What you need to do is-
- Enter the PIN in the given field on the Router’s Wifi protect Setup page.
- Then Click OK on the screen.
How to Set Up Your Linksys Range extender
Setup Process of all Linksys Routers is very easy. It is so easy that it does not require any additional efforts. We will discuss all Linksys range extenders. To access the Linksys WiFi extender setup page based on the model number you need to get default login on http://extender.linksys.com.
After getting connected with Linksys Wifi extender you need to access to set up page by using default login details. Follow the steps as below-
Step1- You have plugged in your extender in the power plug.
Step2- Connect your extender with your PC via Ethernet cable.
Step3- Type 192.168.1.240 in the address bar of your web browser. This is a default address for all Linksys Wireless range extender.
Step4-Now login the set up page of your Linksys Range extender and add the name of your range extender. After that add same SSID number from your router or Access point, once you are through with this now you can click Save button.
Step5-In case you have any difficulty then we are here to help you use Live Chat.
How set your Linksys Range Extender to factory default setting
If you have any difficulty in setting up the range extenders try to keep it on factory default setting. There are few reason you may encounter.
- If you are getting any intermittent connections.
- If you are trying to install the range extender as you got trouble doing it with set up software.
- If you are unable to access the setup of your range extender.
- If the LED is not blinking.
So ,with all the above condition if you have requirement of putting your extender on default factory setting then create a backup of your extenders device configuration and restore to avoid configuration process.
- You can access the setup page online.
- Click Management tab and click on Backup Configuration.
- Then Save the all settings.
Another way of doing this is to hold and press the range extender button for few seconds and it will come on reset mode.
Web Based set up Page
To set up the range extender you can also use the web based setup and to do so you need to follow the given steps.
- Firstly launch a web browser and access the set up page of your range extender.
- If you have any of the Linksys RE6400, RE6300, or RE6700 range extender, you have to simply enter http://RE6x00-xxx for Windows® users or http://RE6x00-xxx.local for Mac® users. Here xxx stands for the last three characters of the range extender’s MAC address
- Based on your Window click start button and click on file explorer
- Now click on the Network button
- View device webpage by clicking on the range extender symbol.
- Pop up form will prompt with username and password. Put default admin in both the boxes. If you have any customized password then use that for login setup.
- Now you will be able to access Web based set up page
- Once you are done with web based set up, Click Administration and select the factory settings.
- Restore the factory settings, to complete the configuration process unplug the Linksys range extender and keep it off for next few seconds. Plug in again then.
At any point if you are stuck in the process then take our professional help to resolve the Linksys Range extender setup and linksys setup related issues. We are just a call away to resolve the issue.